Friday, March 18, 2011

Happy Home Anniversary!

My husband and I have been happy home owners for just over a year and we are celebrating with a kitchen and dining room make-over! He is ripping out the old wobbly banister railing around the stairwell (which, thanks to my 1 year old niece, we discovered has spindles that are spaced WAY too far apart) and replacing it with a sturdy half wall. I am taking on the kitchen design by painting cabinets, selecting new counter tops and installing wood laminate flooring.

When we bought our house a year ago, our realtor warned us against over-improving the kitchen for the area we live in so I am trying to make very budget-friendly choices with huge bang for the buck! The goal is to have a sleek contemporary space that is still bright and comfortable to live in. Stay-tuned as we work through the details and make our house or own!

No comments:

Post a Comment